Creature of Habit

I can eat the same cereal for months, then not touch it again for years.

I do my makeup the same way almost everyday.

I cook the same few meals for dinner over, and over, and over again.

I have to remind myself that I need to wear something else besides my favorite Gap 1969 Always Skinny jeans….even though they do always make me look skinny :)

I wash in the same order: shampoo, conditioner, face, rinse conditioner, rinse face, body. If I ever accidentially deviate from that, I usually end up conditioning my hair twice or something equally as lame.

Right now, my habit is insanely loud colors. It was only 2 days ago that I wore my loudest green pants, so of course that’s long enough that it’s perfectly normal to wear my hot pink pants, don’t you think?

I’m sure I’ll do the same thing with bright colors as I do with everything else….wear them to death for a few months then banish them to the back of my closet for a year or so.

Pants: c/o Old Navy via Crowdtap, Top: Old Navy, Sweater: F21, Ring: Charming Charlie, Shoes: Target

Am I the only weird one who does this? What are you a creature of habit about?

Comments

1. I am SUCH a creature of habit, especially with food. I eat something and crave it all the time until I can never look at it again, then I move on to the next kind! Lol I love the pink pants on you! darling

2. First and foremost…I love love your top…so pretty and flattering! Second….I am totally a creature of habit…I will eat the same thing EVERY SINGLE THING for months…until it pretty much makes me want to hurl and I never want to look at it again. I wonder why that is???? HUGS….hope the unpacking is going well!

3. Sharnee says:

LOVING the pants……think Old Navy really needs to come to Australia

4. Laurel Ann says:

Can I just say that I LOVE those pants AND the way that you’ve styled them. I really hope that you won’t relegate them to the back of your closet because you make them look fantastic and they would be so sad all alone in the back.

5. Maribel Reyes says:

Me too! However lately I’ve trying to mix it up a bit. By the love love that top! checked out ON and I can’t find it… although I am looking in the Plus Size department and online. I wonder if they might have it at stores? I am a size 16 or 18… Do you know if they sell it in that size?

6. stephanie says:

almost bought those….SO cute!

7. I LOVVVVVVE this look on you! And I am so like that. Especially with eating something ALL the time, then not wanting to eat it for a few years. Because even though I form habits I also get bored with them, and NEED something else. Whether its with food, routine, hobbies etc… its kind of like a habit of its own.

8. Katie says:

Music – I can listen to the same song(s) for weeks and weeks and weeks. Then I can’t stand to listen to them at all! Funny how we do that…

9. Rena says:

I totally have that striped top in a skirt from Club Monaco and after seeing this post I was like hey instead of wearing it with a plain white t, it would be awesome with a hot pink shirt. I’m gonna try that sometime (if it ever warms up enough here for me to bust out my spring clothes)! Thanks for the inspiration. And yes I am a total creature of habit. Hubby makes fun of me I have the 2 same types of sandwiches for lunch all week. And I love the same cereal, yogurt, starbucks drink, frozen yogurt, etc etc. :)

10. I’m the same way! I have a shower routine, and a morning routine, and if I get distracted it’s a mess! haha. :) Love your bright pants though! I would wear them everyday too!

11. Merrick says:

Oh, I’m so the same way. I think it’s nice to be comfortable in your routine.

12. AmandaX says:

You are not alone! I do the same thing. I become obsessed with something for a while and can’t get enough. Then I completely forget about it.

I am in love with this outfit! I love the navy with the pink!

Amanda

eleven19.blogspot.com

13. Jen Allo says:

You ARE my long lost… something. ;-) I totally thought I was reading about myself. Glad I found your blog.
    Cheers, Jen
    @CarseatDancers

14. Shannon says:

Ok, I MUST have those pants! So dang cute! the whole outfit is fabulous! Can I borrow them? I mean…I’ll return them. hehe. :)