Real Momma, Real Style #46

This was the little outfit that wouldn’t quit. I tried to send this skirt back, but it wouldn’t let me. Something about needing postage…pish posh!

I love this skirt to death, I just was apparently having a fat moment when it first arrived cause I just didn’t like the way it made my hips look. So I packaged it up for return, put it in my car, and it sat.

Sweater: Gap, Top: TJMaxx, Skirt: c/0 eShakti, Shoes: Target, Watch: Michael Kors (gift)

Who knows how long later, I finally remembered to drop it off. In the box at the Post Office it went and back onto the site to pick out my replace I went. Until a few days later when I got a message from my apartment office that I had a package…but I wasn’t expecting anything. Oh, postage, you need postage? You greedy little skirt!

With the skirt now back in my aparment, I couldn’t resist trying it on just one more time. Maybe I magically lost weight? Maybe I was just tired and didn’t see it right? Maybe LJ handprints on the mirror were distorting what I saw?

Maybe the skirt just knew better than I did that it belonged here :)

For more great fashion, I’m linking up to What I Wore Wednesday on The Pleated Poppy. You should too!
pleated poppy

Party Rules

Link up only outfit or clothing related posts.

Link back to this week’s party in your post.

Place the RMRS button somewhere on your blog. Not particular, just somewhere.

Vote for your favorite outfits using the “like” button! I’ll be featuring your favorites and mine on Facebook!

Momma Go RoundPlease grab button from sidebar!

Comments

1. Great skirt!! I love the way it found its way back to you, and I’m glad you’re going to keep it. It looks good on you.

I have had the same thing happen, by the way, with clothes I put in my donation pile, that never quite make it out of the room. After a while, I pick them up again and voila, back into my closet they go. :)

2. marissa says:

I love the whole outfit, such a cute combo

3. Amy says:

You look amazing in this outfit! It’s so classy! And I love the pop of bright yellow. So glad you kept the skirt.

4. Loving the yellow :)

5. I’m so glad you didn’t send it back. I love how subetly flirty this outfit is, like you’re conveying a secret to your husband that only he gets!

6. Lesley says:

Oooh, those shoes are calling my name.
    I love your style and your generous bursts of color!

7. LOVE that skirt, Nina!

Glad for your sake the postage didn’t make it on the package! ; )

I’ll be back later to link up (I’m in the middle of prepping dinner then gotta run teach class!).

Hope your day is going great! : )

~Abbie

8. Thanks so much for the linky!

9. Sara says:

I’m glad the skirt wouldn’t let you return it cause it’s so CUTE! I absolutely love it, and in my opinion , pockets make any skirt even cuter! Glad ya kept it :) lookin great!

The House of Shoes

10. Tracy says:

I love this skirt…and the pop of yellow….that skirt knew what it was doing!

11. Christine says:

Love,love, love the shoes!! (and everything about this outfit)

12. Good thing that you couldn’t return it because it’s a very cute skirt.

13. cassidy says:

Love your the yellow ruffle top!!

14. Omg LOVE the shoes! So beautiful! :)

xo.
    Des.

15. I found your site through someone else…
    I love this link up and just edited my post to link up.
    I can’t wait to check the others.
    Daphne.

16. Mrs H says:

omg are you kidding me? that skirt is totally adorbs and very slimming! you look totally cute!

17. Alicia says:

Fabulous skirt!! Love it.

18. Glamamom says:

I love how you styled it. Skirts with pockets can be tough but you totally pull it off. Great story. Guess it was just meant to be!

19. I’ve decided to go buy python shoes. Those MAKE that outfit!!!

LOVE!! xo mel

20. Ohhh so lovely!

21. Kristin says:

That pop of yellow is just incredible! Thanks for linking up to Monday Mingle!

22. Carrie North says:

Hi there! I was just looking at this skirt on eShakti, and thinking, “I’ve seen this somewhere before…”. Then I remembered your story of how this skirt earned it’s way into your closet! Can you please tell me a little about the colors? It looks blue, ecru, and tan trim, but not sure if that’s true to life. You always look great!!

Trackbacks

1. [...] the best I’ve got from this week! I’m linking up to What I Wore Wednesday and Real Momma Real Style (if they’re not blacked out! LOL) //LinkWithinCodeStart var [...]

2. [...] I’ll be participating in the What I Wore Wednesday blog carnivals at The Pleated Poppy and Real Momma, Real Style.  Check them out for to see what lots and lots of bloggers are wearing, it is so fun and [...]

3. [...] was made just for me and was the perfect choice for a hot September wedding in Sacramento. The blue and white button-up skirt is such a great classic that I’ll be able to wear it for years. They are all impeccably made, [...]