{Not} The Navy Blazer

A classic navy blazer.

Really, this is a simple request, yet somehow it seems to be impossible to find…or at least at a price I’m willing to pay.

A few months ago I found this navy non-blazer at the ridiculous price of $7 and thought it might satisfy my longing for the navy blazer.

Um…NO!

Love this jacket, but it is NOT a navy blazer.

Jacket/Tee/Scarf/Boots: Old Navy (good heavens!), Jeans: Gap Bag: c/o Handbag Heaven, Braclets: Downtown, Momma Go Round (coming soon)

Anyone else remember that ridiculous show “Dinosaurs”? I feel like yelling out “Not the mama! Not the mama!” everytime I find a navy blazer that’s $100+. Random, I know.

Comments

1. Sarah says:

I hear you. Good blazers aren’t cheap. Have you considered thrifting a men’s blazer that fits you in the shoulders and chest then taking it to a tailor? Or even a very large women’s blazer. They should be able to take in the waist, shorten the sleeves, and adjust the stance to suit you. It would cost more than some of your outfits, but it might be worth it.

2. Two things
    1) as Barney would say, that jacket is SUPER DEE DUPER!!!! and it loves awesome on you! Great find!
    2) that ridiculous Dinosaur show…cracked me up for some dumb reason. Probably the same dumb reason my son and my husband can watch Dumb & Dumber 20 times and still laugh like they’ve never seen it before.

ok…3 things
    3) I love that bag too!

3. I have had such a hard time finding any blazers right now! Not the mama! hahaha I totally remember that show! You crack me up!

4. Sharnee says:

You’re a classic…i used to LOVE that show. Def don’t make them like they used to.
    I’m still waiting for the rebirth of Punky Brewster or that show where one of the kids was a robot.
    Your outfits are pure genius….i woul def be hitting up the 2nd hand stores. But of course when cold season is over there’ll be an oversupply of navy blazers…always the way.

ps. have you considered modelling? you have the poses and faces rockin!!!!

5. Sharnee says:

pps. i’m the baby gotta love me!!!!

6. Tracy says:

I’ve been checking your blog EVERY day….and I have to say I love love love it. I do not have the typical size 6 body (five kids ya know) and I love that your beauty shines through every single blog post…it gives me hope that I don’t have to be the frumpy frump frou….I can be a beautiful mommy like you! Thanks for the inspiration….

7. a good blazer is so hard to find. I love the one’s at Anne Taylor but cannot pay up for it.

8. Amber says:

I found my Navy blazer at Goodwill! I’m going to do some alterations (change the buttons out for gold ones) but seriously, it cost me $4 for the darn thing and the buttons will be $10-20!

9. Michelle says:

GREAT bag!

10. Bea says:

nice bag and love the color

11. Oh, I do remember that show!! Maybe you don’t like to shop at thrift shops but I bet you could find a navy blazer there at a great price. I briefly looked through a few blazers when I was a Goodwill the other day, they had tons!! But I didn’t have a lot of time to try them on… And if you have been to a thrift store and not liked it, try another one. I have my favorites for sure. Some are awesome and some are not. Good luck! :)