A Vintage Quandary

I guess it’s a good problem to have, but it’s a problem none the less. My Grammy gave me a huge bag full of awesome, amazing, totally stunning vintage napkins to craft away with!

And they’ve been sitting in that bag for months :(

Some of them have the most beautiful crochet and embroidered trim.
Others have adorable flowers with perfect scalloped edges.
I just have no clue what to do with them! I would hate to cut up these beauties for a craft that I don’t just love.
Got any brilliant ideas for me?

post signature

Comments

1. The WholeFamDamily says:

piece them together for a table runner! or use specific edge pieces to stitch onto a plain collared shirt/dress? or make a collage/shadow box and frame alot of them?

2. Eisley Rae Clothing says:

I was going to suggest the same. A table runner would be adorable. Or, you can make super cute curtains from them. Pillows?

3. Kate says:

A pennant banner!

Good Luck! Can't wait to see what you decide to do.

4. Stephanie {Luxe Boulevard} says:

Pieces like that scream tablerunner. Piece them together with some vintage doilies.

5. Danielle Bartran says:

You reminded me of one of my favorite & easiest projects I've done–I used vintage napkins that my MIL gave me to create a valance for my kitchen window. If you have a window that doesn't require a full curtain, this might be a good option for you, too.

6. Rae says:
  7. twelve30 says:

Make vintage pillows! Use the vintage goods as the front or fold over the top of a pillow. Search Etsy for some ideas. Have fun!
    twelve30{at}gmail{dot}com

8. Jayna Rae says:

There's a really great apron made from similar items at my vintage mending. She does a lot of sewing with vintage pillow cases and napkins. i always have trouble using vintage stuff because I just can't bear the thought of altering history, even though so many great projects come from refashioning such items.

9. PeaceLoveApplesauce says:

Those are so pretty!! I wouldn't want to cut them up either!

10. kara@elements-interiors.net says:

Hey pretty girl!

I LOVE your post and Love your blog!

I would LOVE to have you link up to my Whassup Wednesday Par-Tay! And I have a party button you can grab and put on your blog so your friends can come too:) You ahve a good chance at being featured!

If you are NOT already a Follower of Elements Interiors….HELLEEERRRR!

Click that Google Follow button and YOU will be ENTERED in my

"Its a SURPRISE!" GIVEAWAY to be announced EVERY MONDAY! Yeppers! You read it right,

a Winner EVERY MONDAY!!! With GREAT Goodies you wont want to miss!!

Hope to see ya at Whassup Wednesday!!!

*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

xoxokara
    im following you!

11. Pink Cake Plate says:

Nina,
    I am going to use hankies but napkins would work as well…
    piece them together, gather, and use as a ruffle on the bottom of a vintage fabric or denim skirt!